Terms and Conditions
(YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD TO REGISTER ON OR USE THE SERVICE. ACCESS OR USE OF THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS BY ANY PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. MEMBERSHIP TO THE SERVICE IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED)
Please read this Member Terms and Conditions Agreement (the "Agreement") carefully. The Agreement sets out the terms under which A Foreign Affair services (the "Services") are provided to you by us (A Foreign Affair ® - hereinafter "AFA") through the A Foreign Affair website (the "Site") as the owners and/or operators of the Site. By registering with Site, you become a member of the Service (a "Member"), and you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement (the "Terms") for as long as you continue to be a Member. Do not use this site if you do not agree with these Terms.We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement
- Change any fees or charges for using the Service
- Change the Site, including removing or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Site
- REFUSE service to any user/member at any time, for any reason.
Any changes that are made will be effective immediately. Be sure to review this Agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version.
REGISTRATION. To become a Member you must register with us. When and if you register to become a Member, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form ("Profile") and to maintain and update your information to keep it accurate, current and complete. You agree that we may rely on your Profile as accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if your Profile is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete in any respect, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Service.
When you register, we will require that you provide sufficient information to indicate that you are at least 18 years old. By becoming a Member, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old, which is the minimum required age to become a Member. However, we cannot guarantee that each Member is at least the required minimum age, nor do we accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the Site by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement.
Either you or Site may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, effective upon sending written notice to the other party. All paid membership fees are nonrefundable. We reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to the Service, without notice, upon any breach of this Agreement by you.
Your membership in the Service is for your sole, personal use. You may not authorize others to use your membership, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity.
ONLINE USER/MEMBER CONDUCT POLICYAs a User/Member, you agree that:
- You are solely responsible for the content or information you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Service, or transmit to other Members.
- You may not post on the Service, or transmit to other Members or employees, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). Please notify us by writing to (A Foreign Affair 7227 North 16th Street, Suite 240 Phoenix, Arizona 85020) of any material contained in the Service that you believe infringes these rules.
- Due to IMBRA (U.S. Federal Regulations for International Marriage/Introduction Agencies) you may not exchange personal contact information in any way until the woman has signed your complete IMBRA form. If you use any of the services such as gift delivery, express mail, phone translations and/or in person introductions the woman must have signed your IMBRA form before the personal contact information and/or introduction can take place. We reserve the right to edit any correspondence in the case of express mail, gift deliveries, and phone translations (or any other service offered here where this regulation would apply) to comply with IMBRA. IMBRA is U.S. Federal Law that applies to this company no matter what country that YOU reside within.
- You may use the Service only in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. AFA (this service) reserves the right, but has no obligation, to reject any profile or photograph or image that does not comply with these prohibitions.
- You may not impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, any other person or entity in any way - EVEN if this is done in a manner that YOU would consider to be "joking" or "harmless". Misrepresentation of your true identity and/or personal circumstances in any manner, for whatever reason, is FORBIDDEN.
- You may not express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our specific prior written consent.
- You may not harvest or collect personal information about other Members whether or not for commercial purposes, without their express consent.
- You may not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine", or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of this site or its contents. ALL material, proprietary information and design is the copyright/trademarked material of the owners and operators of this website and may NEVER be used, in whole or in part, by any other party without the express written consent of the owners of this website.
- You may not harvest or collect personal information about other Users/Members whether or not for commercial purposes, without their express consent.
- ANY violation of this USER/MEMEBER CONDUCT POLICY and/or these Terms & Conditions of Use for any service and/or feature offered herein will result in, but may not be limited to, the complete forfeiture of funds paid, whether they be on deposit or for services already rendered, to any User/Memeber who is found to be in violation. The owner/operators of this website/service further reserve the right to initiate any appropriate legal action against any User/Member found to be in breach of this agreement.
INDEMNITY BY MEMBER. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (i) your breach of this Agreement; (ii) any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit to the Site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (iii) your activities in connection with the Site, including correspondence, travel, phone translations. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person. In no event will the extent of the damages exceed the amount actually paid to AFA for direct services.
WARNING - PLEASE READ: It is possible that other Members or users (including unauthorized users, or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Service and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Service, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. Site is not responsible for the use of any personal information that you may choose to disclose on the Service. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the Service or release to others.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. AFA owns and retains other proprietary rights in the Services and the Site. The Services and the Site contain the copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information and software of AFA and its licensors. In addition, other Members may post copyrighted information, which has copyright protection whether or not it is identified as copyrighted. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display or sell any such proprietary information.
NONCOMMERCIAL USE BY MEMBER. AFA, A Foreign Affair, the Site and Services is for personal use for individual Members only, and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies and/or businesses may not become Members of this Site and should not use the Site or Service for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Site, including unauthorized framing of, or linking to the Site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
ASSIGNMENT. You do not have the right to assign this Agreement or any of your rights to the Service to anyone. AFA has the right to assign any or all of its rights and duties under this Agreement or to the Service to a third party. At the jurisdiction of AFA, if AFA's obligations hereunder are assumed by a third party, AFA shall be relieved of any and all liability under this agreement.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. AFA PROVIDES THE SERVICE AND THE SITE, A Foreign Affair, ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, IN ANY COMMUNICATION WITH AFA OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES, OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR THE SITE. AFA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. AFA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE SITE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE OR ERROR-FREE, OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE OR THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. AFA DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, TELEPHONE OR OTHER SERVICE, INCLUDING COVERAGE, RANGE, OR ANY INTERRUPTION IN TELEPHONE OR OTHER SERVICE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL AFA BE LIABLE (i) TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR THE SITE, EVEN IF AFA OR ITS AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (ii) TO ANY PERSON OTHER THAN YOU.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY CONTRARY PROVISION HEREIN BUT SUBJECT TO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION ON LIABILITY, IN ALL EVENTS AFA'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO AFA FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
In addition, AFA disclaims all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other Members or users (including unauthorized users, or "hackers") of the Service.
Certain jurisdictions limit the applicability of warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability so the above disclaimers of warranty and limitations of liability may not apply to you.
COMPLAINTS. To resolve a complaint regarding the Service or the Site, you should contact AFA Customer Support. TRADEMARK NOTICES. A Foreign Affair is the trademark and/or servicemark of A Foreign Affair ®. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names set forth in this website are the property of their respective owners.
NOTE: ADDITIONAL Terms & Conditions MAY apply to specific services and/or features offered within this website. These additional Terms & Conditions may be noted within the Member's login area and/or at or leading to the point of sale/use (order page). These additional Terms & Conditions are to be considered incorporated herein and additionally binding upon the User/Member.
This service is intended for information purposes only. The owners and or affiliates of this service make no guaranties or warranties of any kind with regards to the veracity of any of the information included in any of the profiles featured on the site, or any correspondence as a result of the use of this service. AFA will not be liable to the Client or any third person for any damages, whether direct or indirect, or punitive damages (except where prohibited). In no event will the extent of the damages exceed the amount actually paid to AFA for direct services.
It is not recommended that you travel to visit any of the women based solely on their letters/correspondence. Whenever possible we recommend that you independently confirm any material issues by phone or some other means prior to travelling. We always recommend joining a group tour with a well known agency vs travelling individually in order to meet a larger number of women thus vastly improving your chances for success.
It is strongly recommended that you exercise caution when corresponding with other users listed on this site as well as any Internet site, and independently confirm any information you deem to be material. If you have been solicited for money or experienced any other problems with anyone listed on this site, or have been solicited for services from another company as a direct result of your use of this site, please notify us at once by E-mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into the matter. Under no circumstances does AFA condone or advise that you give money to any member on this site, or any person that you met in conjunction with this site, including employees and independent contractors of this site, for any reason whatsoever. If you choose to give money, for any reason whatsoever, you do so at your own risk and agree to hold AFA and its affiliates and representatives harmless.
In addition to its own offices, AFA does contract with third party Affiliate agencies in order to provide the most opportunities possible. AFA has guidelines in place that affiliates, (as well as its own offices) must adhere to or risk termination. If you ever feel there is a problem with a profile or correspondence please notify us at once and we will investigate. We always advise to independently confirm correspondence prior to travelling to meet anyone individually. If you are solicited by a third party company for any reason we strongly advice that you not work directly with them and notify us at once so we can further investigate.
AFA does no background checks on any of the women profiled on our service. In any case, AFA will not be held liable for any actions or events that may occur as a result of any introductions initiated by AFA.
The information contained on this web site may provide general legal information but is not intended to give legal advice or counsel on any specific legal matter. It does not create an attorney-client relationship and should not be relied upon in lieu of legal counsel. The links provided in this web site are for the information and enjoyment of on-line readers and do not constitute an endorsement of products or services represented there.
Platinum Members: Your Platinum membership will automatically renew every 30 days at a total cost of $29.95. If you do not want your membership to renew please E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-576-3367, ext. 205, and we will cancel your account.
Address Orders: We stand behind our addresses! If an address you purchase from us comes back to you as undeliverable we will either provide you with two new addresses or refund what you paid for the address.
If you are not satisfied with your gift delivery we will either resolve the problem promptly, (within 2 to 3 business days) or refund you for the full amount of the original order.
E-mail Forwarding: If for any reason we are unable to forward your letter or your letter is returned to our office you account will be credited for a full refund. If you receive and pay for a letter that you are not satisfied with contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone 1-800-576-3367 ext. 204 and we will resolve the issue or refund the charge in full to your account.
Phone Translations: We guarantee our phone translations. You will not be charged anything unless and until you are speaking with the person whom you requested. If you are dissatisfied in any way with your Phone Translation experience call us at once at (602) 553-8178 ext. 203 and we will promptly resolve the issue.
Notice to competitors: The information supplied by AFA, including addresses, graphics and text is intended to be used by AFA's clients for private non-commercial use only. Any use of this information for any commercial purposes without the prior written permission of AFA is strictly prohibited.
The laws of the State of Arizona will govern this Agreement/use of service. If there are any disputes, they must be submitted to binding arbitration, subject to the policies and rules of the American Arbitration Association. Neither party shall be entitled to attorney fees. Any and all Arbitration must be held in Phoenix Arizona. If any provision is found to be invalid, all other provisions in this agreement will remain in effect.